Just Do Good Campaign: Susan G. Komen- Dallas

The Just Do Good campaign highlights businesses, student groups, and private enterprises for various #JustDoGood service acts. Groups are encouraged to submit their stories on our submission page (FOUND HERE), then we select from the stories that showcase people making this world a better place! 

This week, we're sharing Jennifer Lucas' #JustDoGood submission. Jennifer is a daughter, wife, mother and breast cancer SURVIVOR. Keep reading to hear her story!

Just Do Good Campaign: Susan G. Komen- Dallas Team Photo

"I was diagnosed with breast cancer in March 2017. Since being diagnosed with breast cancer, I have been an advocate for taking charge of my health, educating myself, and being pro-active in my treatment and recovery. I have 3 daughters who have been exposed to this disease and I can only hope that strides are made in finding a cure and preventing breast cancer in their lifetime. Breast cancer has become an epidemic and I believe it should absolutely be preventable and curable.

Just Do Good Campaign: Susan G. Komen- Dallas Race For the Cure Logo

The Susan G Komen Foundation is a front runner in education and providing services and doing the research to make this a reality. 1 in 8 men and women are diagnosed with breast cancer, and that is too many.

When I am passionate about something I will work to make as much of a contribution as I can. Breast cancer has become my passion and I want to make a difference.

In May 2017, right after my mastectomy, my daughter suggested we form a team for the Race for the Cure. Our Pink Party team has 30 members and have raised $11,500 to date.

This is my first year being involved with the Foundation, and participating in the Race for the Cure, but I plan to continue my support. I will definitely be involved as a volunteer with the Susan G Komen Dallas County chapter, and have already discussed this opportunity with the executive team.

The Pink Party team will also continue to raise funds as a way to give back to our community and this cause.

Just Do Good Campaign: Susan G. Komen- Dallas More Than Pink

To date, my team has raised $11,500 to date, of which 75% of that money will be used locally here in Dallas for breast cancer education, training, treatment and screenings, the other 25% will be used at the national level for research toward preventing and finding a cure for breast cancer."

Thank you Jennifer for being a role model to women and survivors around you. Your story of turning tragedy into triumph surely impacts those your encounter and we hope to see you at a Susan G. Komen 5k soon! 

You can find more on Jennifer's story HERE.