5 Ways Giveaways Can Benefit Your Brand
This week's social celebrations included "Free Slurpee Day" and "Give Something Away Day." While it may be hard to believe, these are real social holidays. The reason that they are celebrated is that people LOVE giveaways. You know this. Heck, you live this (in fact, so do we). That's why we figured this was the perfect time to talk about how giveaways can maximize brand awareness and improve your bottom line. Check out this list of the top 5 ways giveaways benefit your brand:
- Giveaways Create Lasting Impressions: When you spend on commercials, magazines and newspapers advertisements, Facebook Ads, etc., you pay per impression. While these may result in sales, they convert at very low rates and definitely don't make a lasting impression. With a low cost promotional item (pens, mugs, tumblers etc.) impressions are made when the items are given and they stick around longer than just about any advertisement. Find the right product and pair it with the right branding and you'll benefit from countless impressions with the user and anyone in visual range.
- Giveaways Make Memories: Yeah, business cards are professional and easy to carry. But lets be honest, how many times have you misplaced a card, thrown it away, or worse, forgot you had it tucked in a drawer. Business cards have a time and a place, but if you're looking extend your brand visibility, low-cost promotional items are memorable and anchor recipients to your message.
- Giveaways Build Brand Loyalty: Giveaways are an investment in your customers. And your customers feel the love. It's part of what keeps them coming back. Whether you're a new company, small business, or larger entity, the brand benefits of promotional giveaways go well beyond basic advertising as they inspire loyalty... and that's priceless.
- Giveaways Generate New Business Leads: Free promotional products can be used to network and open the door for great conversations. Whether you're looking to develop a new business relationship or you want to solidify a relationship with an existing client, giveaways open the door to the possibility.
- Giveaways Increase Sales: July 11 is National Free Slurpee Day, the day when 7-Eleven hands out free Slurpees. In 2010 the company handed out approximately 4.5 million Slurpees and, according to USA Today, increased sales by a whopping 38% that day alone. The free Slurpees are part of a one-day promotion that the company runs every year on July 11th and I guess when it comes to giveaways, the proof is in the Slurpee.